|Benefits of Stainless Steel Countertops
- Aesthetics - stainless steel is available in a variety of custom finishes,
including a satin (brushed) finish, antique (matte), and custom hand applied
designs that add artistic elements. Stainless steel offers a high quality
and pleasing appearance that reflects light within a living area.
- Durability - stainless steel is a hard surface material that will not chip, is corrosion
resistant, and resists impacts.
- Hygienic - stainless steel is one of the most hygienic surfaces for
food preparation and very easy to clean, using mild soap and water. There
are no cracks or pores to collect dirt or bacteria and it does not require
any special maintenance. Stainless steel has a self-generating protective
coating and will not impart tastes to food.
- Ease of Fabrication - stainless steel can be cut, formed and welded
to create an integrally seamless piece, which may also include stainless
steel sinks, backsplashes and drain boards.
- Heat and fire resistant - stainless steel countertops resist scaling
and will not burn.
- Environmental Green Properties - stainless steel countertops are made
from 100% recyclable material, do not emit any off-gassing, and have a
useful life expectancy of over 100 years.
- Economical - over the total life of a project, stainless steel is often
the best value option for countertop surfaces.
Most of these
benefits are also true for copper countertops, although copper is a softer
material and does not resist dents as well as stainless steel does. Copper
has a uniquely exclusive benefit, as it has natural antimicrobial properties.
Left natural, copper is considered a "living material" and creates a beautiful
Stainless steel and copper countertops are often only a portion
of an entire countertop project. As with other surface materials, stainless
steel and copper countertops can be used in specific areas such as food
prep, landing areas or central islands, and complimented with other surface
materials to finish the overall project design.